Sunday, June 12, 2011

Bungee Jumping Over The Nile River !!


That is right.... I bungee jumped over the Nile River. 8 of my fellow volunteers here at Empower A Child and I leaped off a 150 foot ledge into the Nile River. 


From working on the adventure staff at NorthBay I was confident about the equipment. I for sure thought that I would be able to do it. Somehow I ended up being the last one to jump. One by one everyone made it look so easy. I for sure thought that I would be fine. I even was encouraging the two who went before me that they would be fine. 


Then it was my turn..... 


When I got to the ledge I chickened out. I was standing there with my toes over the edge with the director supporting me. I begged him to let me down. I told him that there was no way I could do it. He would begin to count down 3......2.... then I would quickly say NO! Finally after about 4 minutes, I thought that I could do it myself..... but of course again I chickened out. But then, all of a sudden I was flying through the air. The director had given me a little shove . As I was flying down, he yelled down to me "Please don't hate me!" Of course I didn't hate the man. I was thankful. I could not have done it without the push. 


As I was flying down I soon was dipped head first into the Nile River. Then safely taken off the bungee onto a raft , then taken back to land. 


I am so happy to have had the experience to bungee jump over the Nile River. It was SO beautiful and so amazing :-) 




"I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me"
- Philipians 4:13

No comments:

Post a Comment